Anyone Need a New Puppy?
Well...It appears the new dog Nika was pregnant when we got her. We only figured out she was just last week as I noticed she was getting bags under her. For a big dog she sure was skinny and didn't look pregnant at all. Well...she went kind of squirrelly the past couple of days and now we know why. She crawled under one of the sheds and we think she had her pup(s) under there. She isn't coming out either so we figure something must have happened. I went to where she crawled under and called her and there was a bit of whimpering. I hope everything is OK because there is no way we can get to her or her pups if something goes wrong. Nika is a Maremma/Lab (We think) cross. She is very friendly and great with the kids. When the puppies come out hopefully I will get a picture that I can post here. I'll let you know how many and what sex they are if/when they come out. It is supposed to get cold (-20°C Low/ -15°C High) for the next couple of nights/days but back to 0°C for a high by Wednesday Feb 9.
2 comments:
hey Lorne
I have a friend that is looking for a puppy right now,and would like to be updated when you get more info.
We will be there at the end of March. So it could be the perfect time to take one home. (she only wants a female)
let me know
thanks - ken
The kids say whoever takes a puppy has to live on an acreage or farm so the dog can run around. Don't know if you checked the link in my post but a Maremma isn't a little dog. Look forward to seeing you in March.
Post a Comment