Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Back In Action...I Hope

I'm getting close to being back in action. Since December 22 I have been in some pain...OK...A lot of pain. It appears I have a pinched nerve in my neck. It is one that affects my right arm where it goes numb on the outside of the arm and my fingertips are numb. But what bothers me the most is the pain that runs down the arm, shoulder, and neck. If you have ever had a sciatic nerve problem in your leg imagine it down your arm. When it first happened I could not hold the mouse for more than 5 seconds without severe pain. Typing was about the same. That is why I haven't been updating my blog like I should. I am on Endocet and some anti-inflammatory pills. They aren't helping that much with the pain but I think the anti-inflammatory pills are helping some. I can now at least use the mouse and keyboard for a while before I have to stop. Sleeping has been my biggest issue. It hurts to lie down and when I do get to sleep it hurts even more when I wake up. I've had a few sleepless nights lately. I go see the doctor tomorrow, Jan 5, to see what we can do so I can get back to work. I have an MRI scheduled for March 12. I am going to see if I can get the doctor to maybe move that up. I also hope to get some new drugs to help with the pain.

Anyway, I will be back blogging soon.

3 comments:

Paul Donnett said...

Hi Lorne - Bravus turned me on to Sirdar Inc. I like! If you don't mind, I'm going to link to you from the Nuggery. Happy New Year!

Sirdar said...

No problem Paul. Thanks for the link. I will do the same for you.

Kim said...

Hi Lorne,

Sorry to hear your typing and thus blogging has been limited. Kind of like having laryngitis isn't it? Get better, and visit my blog some time...http://crayzeeartest.blogspot.com/